Business Advisory Services Manager
- Department: Business Advisory Services
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Location: Glasgow
- Hours: 37.5 hrs/week, Mon-Fri
We are seeking a Manager to join our Tax team in Glasgow.
Wylie & Bisset are one of Scotland’s larger firms of accountants, providing a full range of services to clients including internal and external audit, corporate and personal taxation, payroll outsourcing, business support (Cloud accounting and bookkeeping), corporate finance and consultancy services. The firm operates a dedicated insolvency department which provides debt solutions to both consumers and businesses. As we approach our centenary, we are incredibly proud of our heritage and look forward to sharing our journey with you.
About the Team
The Business Advisory Services (BAS) Team comprises professional sub-teams which cover Finance Outsourcing (bookkeeping), Accounts and a specialist GP Practice service provision. Our client base includes small and medium-sized organisations across various industry sectors including charities, farming, retail and healthcare.
The BAS Team support our clients with compliance and advisory services. This includes compliance services such as audit exempt statutory accounts for limited companies (and some LLP’s, CIC’s CASC’s, clubs etc.) alongside unincorporated businesses. We also assist our tax team with preparation of draft tax comps and provide a full range of company secretarial services. We offer outsource finance support ranging from bookkeeping, management accounts to full virtual finance function.
There is a broad range of clients of various sizes, sectors and locations. The team have specialisms in various sectors including Healthcare (GP practices, dental and pharmacy), Hospitality (Food & drink production, hotels, restaurants), Farming (Cattle & sheep, land services), Charities (reporting).
The team are Xero experts and predominantly use Xero for bookkeeping and accounts preparation with CCH for the final accounts production.
About the Job
We seek an experienced professional to manage the teams within our department. The successful candidate will be responsible for a sizeable client portfolio as well as a share in the development and management of the department.
- Managing a dedicated client portfolio and ensuring the service delivery runs on time and to budget
- Reviewing assignments and ensuring quality
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with clients and act as trusted advisor
- Undertaking technical specialist work as needed
- Managing and mentoring team
- Delivering team training needs and technical updates
- Completing staff appraisals
- Recruiting and inducting new employees
- Managing team performance
- Delivering the Partners’ strategy
- Delivering day-to-day dept services to ensure outputs are achieved on time, to budget and within agreed timeframe, including: deadlines monitored, workflow/planner updated, client communication, client expectations managed
- Producing department KPI’s
- Assisting with writing of tenders and quotes
- Actively contributing to the business development
- Any other appropriate tasks, as directed
Successful candidates must be able to work within a professional office environment across our client base. You should be degree educated (or equivalent) and must hold appropriate professional qualifications, or be qualified by experience. You will play a key role in the management and development of the department. In addition:
- Excellent technical knowledge, and proven experience of accounts production
- Proven experience of year end accounts production software preferably CCH as well as cloud bookkeeping software – Xero, Sage Business Cloud and QuickBooks Online and related apps
- Experience of practice management software
- Experience of MS Office products esp. Outlook, Teams, Excel and Word
- Proven organisational skills
- Takes ownership of the task
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Enthusiastic, results driven, co-operative
- Positive and confident approach to work
- Client focussed
- Quality approach to work (first time, on time, every time)
- Can work effectively in a team environment or on own initiative
Based: The role will be based at our Bath Street offices; Hybrid working pattern
Hours: 37.5 hours/week, Flexible working, Monday – Friday
- We have developed a set of Essential Behaviours which form part of every role profile and contribute to positive culture
How to Apply
All applicants should apply in writing attaching a current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.