- Department: External Audit
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Location: Glasgow Office / Hybrid working model
- Hours: 37.5 hours/week, Mon-Fri
We are seeking an Audit Manager to join our External Audit team.
Wylie & Bisset are one of Scotland’s larger firms of accountants, providing a full range of services to clients including internal and external audit, corporate and personal taxation, payroll outsourcing, business support (Cloud accounting and bookkeeping), corporate finance and consultancy services. The firm operates a dedicated insolvency department which provides debt solutions to both consumers and businesses. As we approach our centenary, we are incredibly proud of our heritage and look forward to sharing our journey with you.
We have an enviable track record of staff development and advancement; four of the current Partners trained with the firm and all except one, were employees prior to their promotion to the Partner Group.
About the Job
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Audit department and we seek to recruit an Audit Manager to join our busy team of enthusiastic professionals. The role will involve managing and planning the external audits of a wide range of clients, including, public, education, charity and private sectors. Joining a small management team, the successful candidate will oversee a busy client portfolio, support the designated partners, provide strong management and guidance to the rest of the team and be a key player in the business development of the department.
- Management of client portfolio, liaising directly with all clients and reporting to partner
- Reviewing audit assignments and providing technical guidance to clients as necessary
- Supervising and guiding audit assignments
- Actively managing Fees and WIP
• Managing, coaching and training of audit team members
• Supporting the recruitment process including the annual graduate intake
• Actively contributing to the annual appraisal process
- Aiding development of department, ie,
- production of tender documents
- development of new clients
- growth of the client base, primarily in the owner-managed sector
- other relevant business development tasks
- Share in management of the department administration
- Any other appropriate tasks, as directed
Successful candidates must be able to work within a professional office environment across our client base. You must hold appropriate professional qualifications and must have a proven track record in audit management. A strong and collaborative relationship builder, you will possess the required interpersonal skills to liaise confidently and professionally with clients, contacts, stakeholders and teams across all sectors. You will play a key role in the management of a client portfolio and the development and growth of the department and will be expected to offer creative ideas and solutions on a regular basis. You will play a key support role to partner(s) in relation to clients.
- Professional qualification, eg, CA, ACA, ACCA
- Significant audit experience
- Appropriate awareness of ISAs and FRSs and technically up to date
- Proven experience in business development activities
- Confident and professional communication skills (internal and external)
- Strong people management skills
- Can offer creative solutions
- Charity sector accounts preparation and audit experience
- Further education and housing sector audit experience
- Proven organisational skills
- Takes ownership of the task
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Enthusiastic, results driven, co-operative
- Positive and confident approach to work
- Client focussed
- Quality approach to work (first time, on time, every time)
- Can work effectively in a team environment or on own initiative
Based: The role will be based at our Bath Street offices; Hybrid working model exists
Hours: 37.5 hours/week, Mon-Fri
- We have developed a set of Essential Behaviours which form part of every role profile and contribute to positive culture
- Occasional overtime may be required
- Full driving licence beneficial
- Some travel (overnight) may be expected
How to Apply
All applicants should apply in writing attaching a current CV to email@example.com.