- Department: Practice and Cash Room
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Location: Glasgow office/hybrid working model
- Hours: 37.5 hours/week
We are seeking a Financial Controller to join our busy team.
Wylie & Bisset are one of Scotland’s larger firms of accountants, providing a full range of services to clients including internal and external audit, corporate and personal taxation, payroll outsourcing, business support, corporate finance and debt solution services. Acquired by Opulus Financial, the Group is growing fast and offers exciting career opportunities.
About the job
We require a Financial Controller to join our busy team. This role will provide support to the Finance Director and will ensure financial controls and management systems are operating effectively across the Group.
- Manage accounting records including accounts receivable, accounts payable and general ledger
- Prepare monthly consolidated financial statements in line with reporting deadlines
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Coordinate the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Analyse financial data and monitor expenditure
- Evaluate and manage risk
- Ensure compliance with regulations
- Look to continually drive efficiencies and improvements in reporting procedures, accuracy and controls
- Cashflow / bank management
- Ensuring that debt is managed
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Oversight of the audit process and work closely with the finance director managing external stakeholder relationships
- Additional controller duties as necessary
Successful candidates must be able to work within a busy office environment and build effective relationships at all levels across the firm. You will be educated to degree level or equivalent and hold appropriate qualifications in Accountancy.
Ideally, the successful applicant will be transitioning as a newly qualified accountant from audit/practice (CA), into their first role in industry, or be a recently qualified ACCA/CIMA accountant who is already working in industry. The role requires the individual to have significant experience analysing financial information as well as having the ability to work in partnership with the leadership team.
- Excellent IT skills including being proficient in the use of spreadsheets
- A good working knowledge of internal management reporting and KPIs
- Appropriate experience of financial control and management accounting
- Project management skills
- Experience of working within a professional environment and a good working knowledge of LLPs.
- Proven organisational skills
- Takes ownership of the task
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Enthusiastic, results driven, co-operative
- Positive and confident approach to work
- Client focussed
- Quality approach to work (first time, on time, every time)
- Can work effectively in a team environment or on own initiative
Based: The role will be based at our Bath Street offices, Hybrid working model
Hours: 37.5 hours/week, 7.5 hours/day, Mon-Fri
- We have developed a set of Essential Behaviours which form part of every role profile and contribute to positive culture
- Flexibility and overtime may be expected at times of peak workload
How to apply
All applicants should apply in writing attaching a current CV to email@example.com.