Insolvency Supervisor, Assistant Manager
- Department: Insolvency
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Location: Glasgow
- Hours: Flexible, Monday-Friday
We are seeking a Supervisor, Assistant Manager to join our Insolvency team.
Wylie & Bisset are one of Scotland’s larger firms of accountants, providing a full range of services to clients including internal and external audit, corporate and personal taxation, payroll outsourcing, business support (Cloud accounting and bookkeeping), corporate finance and consultancy services. The firm operates a dedicated insolvency department which provides debt solutions to both consumers and businesses. As we approach our centenary, we are incredibly proud of our heritage and look forward to sharing our journey with you.
About the Job
This role is to support and develop the specific teams and contribute effectively across all aspects of specialised case work. A high level of technical expertise must be applied within this role.
- Assisting in the management and development of the team
- Providing statistical information for routine management reports and financial forecasting
- Evaluating and monitoring of casework processes and development of any areas identified for improvement
- Reviewing and signing standard outgoing mail
- Supporting team members as appropriate
- Liaising effectively across the department
- Deputise for manager, as appropriate
- Any other appropriate tasks, as directed
Successful candidates must be able to work within a busy office environment across our client base. You should preferably be educated to Higher level, or equivalent, and hold appropriate qualifications in Maths and English. You will be comfortable performing in a challenging environment which operates within a compliance driven framework. An appropriate professional qualification (CPI/CPPI/CPCI) and proven insolvency industry experience is essential. Proven people management skills and excellent communication are key to the success of this role.
- Proven organisational skills
- Takes ownership of the task
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Enthusiastic, results driven, co-operative
- Positive and confident approach to work
- Client focussed
- Quality approach to work (first time, on time, every time)
- Can work effectively in a team environment or on own initiative
Based: The role will be based at our Bath Street offices; Hybrid working model
Hours: Flexible, Monday – Friday
- We have developed a set of Essential Behaviours which form part of every role profile and contribute to positive culture
- Appropriate credit and disclosure checks required
- Overtime required in times of high volume of workload
- Working outwith core hours may be required, depending on team allocation and work content
How to Apply
All applicants should apply in writing attaching a current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.