Internal Audit Senior
- Department: Internal Audit
- Experience Level: Senior
- Location: Glasgow Office/Home Working is in operation in line with Government guidance
- Hours: 37.5 hours/week, Mon-Fri, Hybrid working pattern
We are seeking an Internal Audit Senior to join our Internal Audit team.
Wylie & Bisset are one of Scotland’s longest established larger independent firms of chartered accountants, providing a full range of services to clients including audit (both internal and external), accountancy and value added, corporate and personal taxation, business advisory, corporate finance and consultancy services. The firm operates a dedicated insolvency department which provides debt solutions to both consumers and businesses.
About the job
Due to rapid growth, we have an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team of professionals. The role will involve working on the internal audits of a wide range of public sector, social housing and charity clients including a large number of education clients. Our internal audit client base covers clients throughout the UK and the Internal Audit Senior may be required to travel to service these clients. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills and be part of our growing team.
- Planning internal audit assignments
- Supervising and reviewing work of junior members of the team
- Acting as a Senior on internal audit assignments
- Liaising with clients
- Taking ownership of all assignments from planning through to completion
- Attending audit committee meetings
- Developing and assisting in winning new business
- Any other appropriate tasks, as directed
Prospective candidates should have the skills to take the lead role and be confident in liaising with clients and provide reliable support to the management team and Partners. Degree-qualified in an appropriate discipline or with an appropriate level of experience, you will have prior internal audit experience and, ideally, will hold or be working towards a professional qualification (eg, CIIA). Support in relation to gaining a professional qualification will be given if appropriate.
- Proven organisational skills
- Takes ownership of the task
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Enthusiastic, results-driven and co-operative
- Positive and confident approach to work
- Client focussed
- Quality approach to work (first time, on time, every time)
- Can work effectively in a team environment or on own initiative
Based: The role will be based at our Bath Street offices; home working is in operation in line with Government guidance
Hours: 37.5 hours/week, Mon-Fri, Hybrid working pattern
- We have developed a set of Expected Behaviours which form part of every role profile and contribute to positive culture
- Appropriate training support available for successful candidates
- Some overtime may be required at times of high volume of workload
- Some travel to support our clients out of the office
- Driving licence beneficial
How to apply
All applicants should apply in writing attaching a current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.