Senior Client Advisor – Accounts
- Department: Business Advisory Services
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Location: Glasgow office, hybrid working pattern
- Hours: 37.5 hours/week, Flexible, Mon-Fri
We are seeking a Senior Client Advisor (Accounts) to join our Business Advisory Services team.
Wylie & Bisset are one of Scotland’s larger firms of accountants, providing a full range of services to clients including internal and external audit, corporate and personal taxation, payroll outsourcing, business support (Cloud accounting and bookkeeping), corporate finance and consultancy services. The firm operates a dedicated insolvency department which provides debt solutions to both consumers and businesses. As we approach our centenary, we are incredibly proud of our heritage and look forward to a positive future.
About the team
The Business Advisory Services (BAS) Team comprises professional sub teams which cover Finance Outsourcing (bookkeeping), Accounts and a specialist GP Practice service provision. Our client base includes small and medium sized organisations across various industry sectors including charities, farming, retail and healthcare.
The BAS Team support our clients with compliance and advisory services. This includes compliance services such as audit exempt statutory accounts for limited companies (and some LLP’s, CIC’s CASC’s, clubs etc.) alongside unincorporated businesses. We also assist our tax team with preparation of draft tax comps and provide a full range of company secretarial services. We offer outsource finance support ranging from bookkeeping, management accounts to full virtual finance function.
There is a broad range of clients of various sizes, sectors and locations. The team have specialisms in various sectors including Healthcare (GP practices, dental and pharmacy), Hospitality (Food & drink production, hotels, restaurants), Farming (Cattle & sheep, land services), Charities (reporting).
The team are Xero experts and predominantly use Xero for bookkeeping and accounts preparation with CCH for the final accounts production.
About the job
We seek an experienced Senior Client Advisor in our Year End Accounts Production team to take responsibility for a portfolio of clients. This will involve preparation of year end accounts for audit exempt corporate and unincorporated clients from our outsource bookkeeping team or direct from clients. In addition, regular client contact will be expected to ensure deadlines and budget are managed.
We will offer fully supported training for the successful candidate. In addition, the Senior Client Advisor will be expected to support the management of the department by offering creative solutions for process improvements across the full range of department tasks.
- Managing own portfolio of clients
- Ensuring smooth running of portfolio including:
- Managing the client experience from start to finish
- Liaising with client over timetable for work, data collection and progress
- Ensuring assignment is completed to agreed timetable and budget/costs
- Ensuring questions/issues arising are all addressed and resolved
- Ensuring excellent communication exchange with clients and team
- Ensuring fees are issued promptly and WIP is managed within any criteria set
- Ensuring internal workflows are proactively managed
- Ensuring targets set are monitored and achieved
- Supporting and contributing to the management of the department, ie, business development, sales and marketing, quality, admin processes, resource planning
- Coaching and supporting team members
- Any other appropriate tasks, as directed
- Excellent knowledge of, and proven experience in, year end accounts production
- You will have working experience of year end accounts production software esp CCH as well as cloud bookkeeping software – Xero, Sage Business Cloud and QuickBooks Online and related apps.
- Experience of practice management software esp CCH
- Experience of MS Office products: Outlook, Teams, Excel and Word
- Must be able to work within a busy office environment across our client base and will have previous experience of working in a public practice
- Should be educated to degree or Accounting Technician level or equivalent and hold appropriate qualifications in Maths and English. Should be ACCA qualified (or equivalent) or working towards ACCA Qualification
- A confident communicator to enable you to build relationships with clients, colleagues, stakeholders
- Proven organisational skills
- Takes ownership of the task
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Enthusiastic, results driven, co-operative
- Positive and confident approach to work
- Client focussed
- Quality approach to work (first time, on time, every time)
- Can work effectively in a team environment or on own initiative
Based: The role will be based at our Bath Street offices; Hybrid working pattern
Hours: 37.5 hours/week, Flexible, Monday – Friday
- We have developed a set of Essential Behaviours which form part of every role profile and contribute to positive culture
- ACCA training support available for successful candidates
- Some overtime may be required at times of high volume of workload
- Some travel to support our clients, or to other offices, may be required
- Driving licence beneficial
How to apply
All applicants should apply in writing attaching a current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.