Trainee Chartered Accountant – Summer 2024 Intake
- Department: Audit
- Experience Level: Entry Level
- Location: Glasgow office / hybrid working model
- Hours: 35 hrs/week, Mon-Fri, Flexible working
We are seeking a number of enthusiastic graduates to join our firm as part of our Summer 2024 intake.
Wylie & Bisset are one of Scotland’s larger firms of accountants, providing a full range of services to clients including internal and external audit, corporate and personal taxation, payroll outsourcing, business support (Cloud accounting and bookkeeping), corporate finance and consultancy services. The firm operates a dedicated insolvency department which provides debt solutions to both consumers and businesses. As we approach our centenary, we are incredibly proud of our heritage and look forward to sharing our journey with you.
About the job
We require Trainee Chartered Accountants to join our firm. The role provides an excellent opportunity for a graduate to develop the full range of accountancy skills and experience whilst being fully supported through professional training (ICAS) by a team of enthusiastic professionals. In addition, you will attend our inhouse Training Academy to help you build your business and personal skills alongside your peer group. A rotation system will operate to ensure candidates gain appropriate experience within each key department and across industry sectors.
- Assisting in accounts preparation
- Assisting in audit assignments
- Liaising with the full range of clients – private, public and charitable sectors
- Any other appropriate tasks, as directed
Manager, with a structured buddy system in place
Successful candidates must be able to contribute to a professional environment and work effectively across our client base. You will hold/be on track for a relevant honours degree (2:1 minimum) and have A or B grade Higher Maths and English (or equivalent qualifications). An ability to plan and achieve deadlines is essential in order to achieve staged exam success as well as effectively deliver to our clients. A quality approach to work, positive communication skills and an enthusiasm for learning are key to success. In return, you will receive first class coaching and mentoring from a team of enthusiastic professionals.
- Previous work experience within a professional office environment beneficial
- Proven team-working skills
- Proven organisational skills
- Takes ownership of the task
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Enthusiastic, results driven, co-operative
- Positive and confident approach to work
- Client focussed
- Quality approach to work (first time, on time, every time)
- Can work effectively in a team environment or on own initiative
Based: The role will be based at our Bath Street offices; we offer a 50% Hybrid working pattern
Hours: Flexible working day, 35 hours/week, Monday-Friday
- We have developed a set of Essential Behaviours which form part of every role profile and contribute to positive culture
- Some overtime may be required at times of high workload
- Full driving licence beneficial
- Some travel (overnight) will be expected
- Full training support will be provided
How to apply
To apply, please send your current CV plus a covering letter with a note of interest to email@example.com.
For more information on ICAS, please visit www.becomeaca.org.uk.